We are restarting some events with the easing of lockdown restrictions.
Currenly walks in England can restart from the 29th of March. Walks in Scotland may take place with a maximum of 15 participants, but all participants (and walks) must stay within their own local authority area. Walks in Wales are not currently able to restart.
Stirling History Tour
Due to current T3 Covid restrictions, this meet is postponed. I will speak with Jason at Stirling Walking Tours to arrange a new date sometime early in the New Year, if the rules and regulations allow.
A professionally led group tour of the historic sights of Stirling delivered by Stirling Walking Tours that was originally going to be delivered at the Stirling AOG (https://stirlingwalkingtours.com/).
A two and a half hour tour startling at Stirling Castle taking Stirling Old Town. The walk will start at c11:00 and finish at 13:30.
We may extend the walk after the tour and visit the Wallace Monument and Abbey Hill with views of the Ochill Hills and Stirling, at the discretion of the group.
This is a COVID secure event which will be run under the COVID 19 guidance and procedures of Stirling Walking Tours that make it exempt from the Scottish Government restrictions on gatherings. Any walk we decide do after the event to extend the day will be under GOC's procedures as required for Organised Sports Exemption under Scottish Government rules and following the guidance of Sport Scotland and the Sport Governing Bodies (in this instance these are Mountaineering Scotland and Scottish Ramblers). The GOC Scotland COVID Officer is David Archer.
Participants should only use their own equipment and not to share food or equipment with those outside of their household.
Please bring a face covering for use in shops, public transport and when directed by the guide.
By signing onto this meet you are agreeing to the following participation statement:
- I do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 (new persistent dry cough, fever, loss of taste or smell)
- I have not had a positive test for COVID-19 or onset of symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. (Individuals who have completed their period of isolation (10 days) and have no remaining symptoms may return to normal activities)
- No member of my household has had symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- I have not been contacted by a contact tracer from the Test, Trace and Protect Programme and told to isolate in the last 14 days as a contact of someone with confirmed COVID-19.
- I have not returned from a country outside of the UK in the last 14 days, other than those on the exempt list.
Terrain / Difficulty
Town walking on good paths/pavements taken at a relaxed pace.