Picos de Europa – Sept 2024
Adventure Out is returning to Sotres in the Picos de Europa for 2024.
Booking for this event is now open.
The Picos de Europa, located in northern Spain, is a stunning mountain range known for its dramatic peaks, deep gorges, and picturesque landscapes, offering excellent opportunities for hill walking and outdoor adventures.
The accommodation will be in a small family-run hotel with very pleasant twin rooms, en suite, a bar and dining room and outside seating area. The hotel is called Casa Cipriano, located in the small village of Sotres.
The cost includes full board (in twin rooms) for up to 16 people with airport transfers to/from Bilbao. There will be only 1 transfer available, each direction, so we will arrange the timing with the majority of people’s arrival. However, if you are unable to make the transfer, you will be responsible for arranging your own transport to/from Sotres, which is approx. 2.5hrs from Bilbao Airport.
The price is £700 and will require a deposit of £150, which will be refundable up to 8 weeks prior to departure (non-refundable after). Balance will also be due 8 weeks before departure. Single room occupancy may be available, at an extra charge of £150pp but will depend on how many people wish to travel as there are a limited number of rooms.
Example walking program:
- 4x4 vehicles to Pandebano; climb to the Naranjo de Bulnes refuge (3hrs) at 900m. lunch at refuge returning the same way - dinner at hotel.
- Short drive (10mins) to Jito de Escarandi and walk by an old farmers route for lunch at Tresviso village. From Tresviso we walk down to the Urdon river by and incredible path cut from the rock where we will see the vultures. We get to Urdon place, end of the road. Transfer to Potes where we will stay in a nice hotel (el Infantado). Visit the medieval town of Potes and back to the hotel for dinner.
- Drive to the monastery of Santo toribio de Liebana (there are a small part of the original cross of Jesus Christ). After that drive to the Fuente De Cable Car. Take up the cable car to 1900 meters and walk back to sotres (19 kms).
- Drive to Poncebos to walk the Cares Gorge to Cain for lunch and return the same route.
- Drive to Jito de Escarandi and walk up to Caseton de Andara Refuge (at 1725m). From the refuge walk up to San Carlos saddle (2000m) and onto the summit of Sagrado Corazon at 2220 meters.
Ready for another adventure?
From hoodies and t-shirts to bags, bottles and bears - show your love for GOC with our gear from Spreadshirt.