Welcome to GOC Transpennine.
We are a large and active community of outdoor enthusiasts who share a passion for adventure, nature, and camaraderie. Whether you're an experienced hillwalker or just starting to explore the joys of the Great Outdoors, you'll find a warm and inclusive environment here.
Based in the North of England, we cover Lancashire, Cheshire and Yorkshire. This region includes:
The Peak District, Yorkshire Dales and The South Pennines; but there are many more beautiful landscapes and locations to discover.
Our members plan a regular monthly programme of events including:
- Day walks on weekends at various standards.
- Tuesday Trekking series.
Events throughout the year include:
- Lake District Hosteling weekend series.
- Mid-summer camping weekends.
- Annual Xmas dinner weekend in early December.
- For 2024 - A special GOC 50th Anniversary social weekend (TBA).
Plus cycling, history & culture and public garden visits.
Join us as we explore the beauty of our diverse region, share experiences, and celebrate the joy of being outdoors. Together, we'll make memories and forge bonds that last a lifetime.