The club has a number of sources of funds and as a charity we keep some of them for specific purposes. For instance our charitable income is not used for the general running costs of the club.
Our sources of income and their use are:
Source: Membership Fees; Advertising in Outdoors; Interest
Usage: Magazine; Website running costs; Administration; Affiliation Fees; Insurance; Bank Charges
Where there is a charge for an event (e.g. a hostel weekend), the club aims to break even. Any surplus or deficit goes to the general funds.
Source: Gift Aid; Donations; Legacies; Grants
- Promoting the club and its aims (i.e. all types of publicity)
- One-off developments such as the website
As those funds grow, we also plan to use them for:
- Providing training for volunteers
- Making events accessible to those who could not otherwise participate
- Making membership available to those who could not otherwise afford it