search bars close map-marker arrow-right tags twitter facebook

Cwm Clydach

This was a rewarding and joyous nine mile circular walk, in and around the Clydach valley.  The route initially travelled alongside the lower Clydach river in Cwm Clydach Nature Reserve through peaceful woodland, and then climbed gradually onto unspoilt common land with sites of archaeological interest and spectacular panoramic views from the Brecon Beacons around to Swansea and beyond, before it dropped back to the Clydach valley over numerous fields, meadows, and tracks.  The route passed the Llechart Burial Mound, a ring cairn of 25 stones thought to be all that remains of a burial mound dating to about 1500 BC, and Gellionnen Chapel, built in 1692 and considered to be the oldest nonconformist chapel in the area.

Fifteen walkers enjoyed good weather and banter, and a well earned drink in the local pub at the end of the walk.

Related posts

Join Now…