With thanks to our GOC Website Developer Owen Morris, an update to the website has just gone live. This will affect logged-in members only, however: Reminder – everyone is encouraged to run events!
- Members can submit new events, with more details than currently available
- Members can save events in draft form before submitting
- Once approved, Members will be able to edit most details of published events they are leading - certain items, such as the event start/end times, type of event and groups will only be editable by Group Coordinators once published
- Events can be saved as Drafts without all required fields completed, validation of required fields will only occur when an event is submitted for review, or published.
- Draft events can be deleted (published events will need to be switched to Draft status before they can be deleted)
- Group Coordinators can manage their Pending (submitted) events and upcoming events through the My GOC pages, rather than the Site Administration area.
- Group Coordinators should receive email notification for any new submitted events, along with any time a member makes a change to a published event.
Most events can now be fully managed from the My GOC area, however, there may still be occasions where Group Co-ordinators need to use Site Administration (not accessible to other Members). These include repeating old events, and setting up bookable tickets for an event rather than a simple show of attendance.
We hope that you find the new functionality helpful - please do let me know of any questions or feedback.