Going on GOC events gives people a lot of enjoyment and has resulted in enduring friendships or partnerships, so a lot of members want to give something back. Because GOC is a member’s club, it’s the members who run the club and all of its events. The success of GOC is entirely down to the many members who have played a part in organising something for the club, and we encourage new people to step forward and help.
There are three main ways that a member can get involved in helping the club:
Organise an Event
Help Run a Group
Contact the relevant Group co-ordinator to get involved
Join a national committee
We currently have 3 vacancies on the GOC Board - please contact Jim Cornwell (Chair) to get involved:
- Group Liaison – Contact for GOC Group Coordinators
- Membership Engagement Officer – engages with the membership regularly, encourages and supports members to engage with each other and take up volunteer roles with the club
- Partnership Officer [new!] – manages relationships with GOC associated clubs and others and promotes & supports partnership working across the club
- Marketing Committee - creates and implements an annual marketing plan and budget approved by the Board
- Website User Group - supports the Website & IT manager in consulting with & supporting members/users and on website & IT updates & development projects
- GOC 50th Anniversary Committee - to support members and groups, and the Board and Marketing Committee, to plan, prepare and co-ordinate celebrations of GOC’s 50th anniversary in 2024.
For further details