10 Aug 2015 | Wiltshire, Gloucestershire & North Somerset Group
A fine sunny July day greeted us for a 7 mile walk in the north Wiltshire countryside. Starting from the predominately National Trust owned village of Lacock, the route ascended Nocketts hill to a lunch stop with good views towards the Cotswolds. The return leg took in a section of the Wilts & Berks canal. Abandonned in 1914, the canal is currently undergoing restoration. The picture was taken at double bridge, so called because it was built on the boundary of two farms whose owners could not reach an agreement. Result being a double width bridge with a dividing wall down its middle.