search bars close map-marker arrow-right tags twitter facebook

AOG Cancellation

Dear Members

It is with great regret that we have taken the decision to cancel this year’s AOG. Although the current restrictions on movement are only in place for three weeks initially, it now seems highly doubtful that the AOG could go ahead as scheduled at the end of July.

We appreciate that a significant number of those who have booked may be suffering financial hardship as a result of the shut-down of various parts of the economy. We have considered giving individuals the option to cancel and receive a full refund, while keeping open the option of the AOG going ahead in July, albeit on a reduced scale. This would, however, have increased uncertainty with the risk that the event would have become unviable if the number of participants dropped too much. We have also considered postponement to later in the year, but that too would have resulted in continuing uncertainty, as well as probably not being possible as accommodation would not have been available for us during the university term.

We have therefore decided that it is better to cancel the whole event now and give full refunds to everybody who booked. Our treasurer will arrange these without individuals having to contact him, but unfortunately it will be a manual process, which we do not expect to be completed until about 12th April, so we ask for your patience. The refund will be made to the person who made the original booking.

I know this will be a great disappointment to many of you, as it is to me and the board. Let’s hope it will not be too long before we can get into the great outdoors again. In the meantime I hope you are managing to stay safe and sane.

Chris Loy, AOG organiser, 31st March 2020

Related posts

Join Now…