Including Bristol and Bath - Welcome
From the southern Cotswolds and the forest of Dean across the Wiltshire downs to the Mendip combes. Crossed by the rivers Severn, upper Thames and Bristol Avon, this area includes Bristol, Bath, Gloucester and Swindon. The Kennet & Avon, Wilts & Berks and Cotswold canals all pass through the area. Picture: Clifton Suspension Bridge
Our main focus is the monthly program of walks and a very active Bristol based cycling group.
We aim to walk on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month. We also have joint walks with neighbouring GOC groups, some evening and occasional midweek events.
- Signed up for a trial? If you've any questions, feel free to contact the local co-ordinators. (See below)
- Already a member? Just turn up on the day, using the attendee list is not compulsory - but can be helpful.
All members are welcome to lead a walk. It's a great way to show-off your favourite area.
- The co-ordinators willingly support potential leaders, so feel free to contact us with any questions or ideas.
- When planning a walk, consider possible public transport and car parking, especially in popular spots where a car park can be empty at 9:30 and totally stuffed by 11:00
- If planning a pub lunch, spare a thought for the sandwich brigade who may need shelter. Church doorways are good.
07503 650354 Bill
Note: To receive bulk emails from us (or any other GOC group) members need to enable the selection within My GOC - preferences.