Including Bristol and Bath - Greetings & Welcome
From the southern Cotswolds and the forest of Dean across the Wiltshire downs to the Mendip combes. Crossed by the rivers Severn, upper Thames and Bristol Avon, this area includes Bristol, Bath, Gloucester and Swindon. The Kennet & Avon, Wilts & Berks and Cotswold canals all pass through the area. Picture: Beside the Severn
The focus of our area is the program of monthly walks, with a very active cycling group based in Bristol.
We aim to walk on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month. There're also joint walks with neighbouring GOC groups, some evening and occasional midweek events.
- Signed up for a trial? If you've any questions, feel free to contact the local co-ordinators. (See below)
- Already a member? Just turn up on the day, using the attendee list is not compulsory - but can be helpful.
All members are welcome to lead a walk. It's a great way to show-off your favourite area.
- The co-ordinators are willing to support any potential leader, so feel free to contact us with any questions, or just to bounce an idea off us.
- Aside from the walk itself, consider proximity to any public transport and car parking, especially in popular spots where a car park can be empty at 9:30 and totally stuffed by 11:00
- If planning a pub lunch, spare a thought for the sandwich brigade who may need shelter. Church doorways are good.
07790 759162 Kenny
07503 650354 Bill
Note: To receive bulk emails from us (or any other GOC group) members need to enable the selection within My GOC - preferences.