From the southern Cotswolds and the forest of Dean across the Wiltshire downs to the Mendip combes. Crossed by the rivers Severn, upper Thames and Bristol Avon, this area includes Bristol, Bath, Gloucester and Swindon. The Kennet & Avon, Wilts & Berks and Cotswold canals pass through the area. Picture: Oliver's Castle and Roundway Down
Our main focus is the monthly program of walks. These range from roughly 5-10 miles over varying terrain dependant on the time of year and the walk leaders' preference, discribed in the event details below.
We aim to walk on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month. We also have joint walks with neighbouring GOC groups, some evening and occasional midweek events.
- Signed up for a trial? If you've any questions, feel free to contact the local co-ordinator. (See below)
- Already a member? Just turn up on the day, using the attendee list is not compulsory - but can be helpful.
All members are welcome to lead a walk. It's a great way to show-off your favourite area.
- The co-ordinator willingly supports potential leaders, so feel free to make contact with any questions or ideas.
- When planning a walk, consider possible public transport and car parking, especially in popular spots where a car park can be empty at 9:30 and totally stuffed by 11:00
- If planning a pub lunch, spare a thought for the sandwich brigade who may need shelter. Church doorways are good.
Bill 07503 650354 or use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Note: To receive bulk emails from us (or any other GOC group) members need to enable the selection within My GOC - preferences.